“Pray in the Spirit on all occasions, with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind – be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” (Eph 6:18)
There is not a lot more to add – we simply need to KEEP ON PRAYING!
We have been left with a very clear challenge and a very clear call to pray … now we have to encourage and help each other do this! The summer weeks are a great time to start.
What does a step on from where you are now with prayer look like for you?
– setting a regular time aside to pray, even if it is only for 10 minutes?
– meeting up regularly with someone else to pray?
– learning to pray using a different style / kind of prayer?
– turning Scripture into prayer?
– fasting from something for a period of time?
– learning to listen to God’s voice?
– opening your heart as to the importance of prayer in order to change your current mindset?
Whatever the Lord is putting on your heart, that do.
We have been heartened to hear of various people across town who are indeed stepping up in this season – don’t give up!
God has made it thus that through his people’s prayer on earth, things are unlocked in heaven that allow God’s purposes on earth to come to unfold according to His will.
That is the amazing mystery of prayer … let’s get on our knees!
For details of events to pray for, do look at the Churches Together in Luton website: www.lutonchurchestogether.org.uk – click on Events.
For example, pray for:
– Roma Trust looking for an administrator / treasurer
– Level Trust looking for volunteers
– Youthscape looking for a new Senior Finance Manager
– “Holiday at Home” week for people aged 60+ at Limbury Baptist Church
– various children’s holiday clubs running in churches over the summer
Please note there will now be no Prayer for Luton calls to prayer emails until late August .
Thank you for praying for Luton. God bless you!