See attached helpful information and important considerations for Faith/VCS partners from our environmental health team – please can you distribute via LCOF channels.
As the powerpoint explains, in some cases, registration as a food business with us will be required.
One of the council’s food team is happy to speak one to one to go through relevant food safety and allergen advice. Contact details are on the Powerpoint. The type of food activity we need to be made aware of includes
– Storage and distribution of dry goods (eg- typical food bank)
– Preparation and distribution of prepared foods (hot and cold)
– Any existing food business (eg- takeaway/restaurant/cafe) that decides to start making foods for despatch
– Any community centre that provides food
– Details of any lunch clubs/ cafes etc that operate out of community centres etc
From: Lubelski, Marek <Marek.Lubelski@luton.gov.uk>