New Trustees Required –
Be the change you want to see in the world!
Luton Roma Trust (registered charity 1160404) is seeking up to THREE new and committed Trustees to join our Board.
Luton Roma Trust is a non-profit making charity, which exists to support the needs of the local Roma community. Please visit our website https://www.lutonromatrust.org.uk to learn more about the vital work we do.
As we emerge from the Covid pandemic, we are working hard to develop our long term strategy and to secure the future of the Trust. The Board of Trustees has overall oversight and responsibility for that strategic growth, meeting regularly together, and with key members of staff, drive forward the agenda. We are seeking three new Trustees to join us and make a real difference in shaping that growth and direction.
We would particularly welcome applicants who are in sympathy with the Christian ethos of our organisation, and who have experience in any one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising and all forms of income-generation
- Digital media and public relations
- Chairing a small organisation
- Financial reporting
- Working cross-culturally.
At present, members of the Roma community are under-represented on our Board, so we would be especially delighted to hear from you if you are from that community.
The principal responsibilities of a Trustee include:
- Promoting and developing the charity through good governance. • Maintaining sound financial management and control of charity resources. • Contributing to the growth and fundraising strategy (as set out in our recent Organisational Strengths Review).
- Determining the overall direction of the Luton Roma Trust.
- Acting as an ambassador for the Luton Roma Trust in the community.
If you feel that you have the skills, enthusiasm and aptitude to take this on, please email Crina at email@example.com providing us with your contact details and your CV by Friday 1st October 2021.